It has been a long time since the first post! Between school and my lack of time management I have not baked as much as I would like ): With finals now over, I hope there will be many more post to come!
First, this recipe is from The Farm Girl Recipes Blog, I will link her down below.
This recipe is super easy and all you need is a couple ingredients:
- 7 oz Marshmallow Creme or Marshmallow Fluff
- 3-31/2 cups of Powered Sugar
- Shortening(For bowl, counter, and hands)
1. Put the marshmallow creme in the microwave in ten seconds periods. Marshmallow creme is sticky, so if you melt it a bit it will be easier to come out of the container.
2. You do not need a Kitchen Aid, but it does make it easier.
a. With Kitchen Aid: Coat bowl and dough hook with shortening. Then add marshmallow fluff, and in two to three increments add two cups of powered sugar. The mixture will be a solid form, almost like a ball.
b. Without Kitchen Aid: Coat counter with shortening and just start kneading the powered sugar in. ( I have done this recipe by hand, it just takes a bit longer). You will be kneading for around 20 minutes without the kitchen aid.
3. Take the mixture from the Kitchen Aid onto a counter covered with shortening. Now you are just going to kneaded the rest of the powered sugar in. You may not need all the powered sugar. When the fondant is not sticky then it is ready.
That is it! Simple and fast! To store fondant cover with plastic wrap and a Ziploc bag. Put a bit of shortening on the plastic wrap. You can store at room temperature. One more tip, when you are working with the fondant, use CORN STARCH if the fondant is sticky. Here is the mother’s day cake I made this year. The flowers are made with the home-made fondant!
Here is where I got the recipe: http://thefarmgirlrecipes.blogspot.com/2011/04/marshmallow-creme-fondant.html