I was so happy with these cupcakes! They look cute and taste amazingly! I have to credit The American’s Test Kitchen, they have some of the best recipes. So here it is:
- 1 cup of milk ( at room temperature)
- 6 large egg whites( at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups of cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups of sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter
I like my directions to be quick and simple, the less words the better, so lets get started. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Combine milk, egg whites, and vanilla. Set on the sidelines for now.
2. Combine the dry ingredients ( cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt). Put in a large bowl or your kitchen aid mixer bowl . Tip: If you do not have cake flour, you can make it yourself! All you need is flour and cornstarch. For a cup of cake flour, take 7/8 cups of flours and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch, whisk together and that’s it.
3. The butter has to be at room temperature, so wait if it is not ready. Cut the butter into about 12 pieces or so. Now get your mixer, you will add a piece of butter at a time to the dry ingredients mixture. Around 30 seconds each piece. When all the butter is added your mixture should resemble crumbles.
4. Add 1/2 the wet mixture, and beat for 1 to 3 minutes. Then add the rest.
5. Fill cupcake pan. I baked miniature cupcakes, a tablespoon for each cupcake.
6.Bake the cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes. I like mine to look golden, so I baked them for 20 minutes. The baking time is the same for normal size cupcakes.
These cupcakes are buttery, fluffy and full of yumminess. They where gone in a matter of two days at my house!