I do not know about you guys, but from time to time I want something sweet and I want it without having to wait that long. A cake in a mug is perfect! It takes a little bit to prepare and is done in 45 seconds. I have tried a chocolate cake recipe before and today I made a white cake. I found the recipe on the following site: https://otlobblog.wordpress.com/tag/gemma-stafford/.
This recipes yields 4 regular size mugs.
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cups All purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, mix the sugar and butter together using a hand whisk for about 3 minutes.
- Crack in eggs and pour vanilla in bowl. Beat for one minute.
- Add in the dry ingredients until just combined. Be sure not to over mix.
- Pour batter into mugs. Very Important! Fill only 1/3 of the cup!
Again, only fill 1/3 of the way! If you fill it more, the cake will over flow and not cook. You don’t believe me? Take a look at my attempt to make a rainbow mug cake. Caution it is ugly.
Yeah, told ya it was bad!
5. Put cup in the microwave for 45 seconds.
The last step is to decorate. I added ice cream because it is still hot in Arizona! Anyways, have fun the choices are endless!