I love crepes! I first fell in love with them on a family trip to Mexico. Vendors have their little carts with their materials and make your crepe within minutes. I never thought about making them, till I made them in my culinary class in high school. And let me tell you, it is super simple. I have made them on a stove; however, I wanted to try to make them on my griddle. If you ever have the opportunity, buy a griddle! It is one of my favorite kitchen appliances. Anyways, back to the crepes. The recipe I used is from the following website :http://blog.williams-sonoma.com/how-to-make-the-perfect-crepe/.
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup milk
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
butter for greasing pan
- Add all your ingredients but the butter to your blender. Blend ingredients till combined.
- Refrigerate batter in the fridge for 1 hour or a day. ( Here is a little secret, I did not refrigerate the batter and the crepes where still delicious.)
- Preheat your griddle to 350 degrees or your pan, both work fine
- Once griddle or pan is hot, grease with butter
- Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into the griddle or pan
- Cook crepe till it turns a light brown color and flip
- Fill with whatever your heart desires!
I made this recipe in half and ended up with four crepes.
I like my crepes with nutella, cream cheese and strawberries. Try and eat your crepe right way, in my opinion, it is best when it is warm!