I had been wanting to make dog treats for a while but all the recipes I found included whole wheat flour, an ingredient not in my baking cabinet! Then I found the blog http://munchkinsandmilitary.com/ , the woman behind the blog is Alex. She came up with a three ingredient recipe for dog treats. The recipe is so simple and more than likely you have oatmeal, peanut butter and a banana in your kitchen.
1 1/2 cup of oatmeal
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. With a blender grind oats till they become powder.
3. In a bowl, beat the peanut butter and oats till combined.
4. Combine the oats you made into powder into the peanut butter mixture. ( Leave some oats, around a tablespoon, to flour the table)
5. Spread the powder oats onto the table and roll out the dough. *Make sure to roll the dough thick! If the dough is too thin it will be harder to transfer into the pans.*
6. Bake dog treats around 15 to 20 minutes till edges become brown.
The recipe can be found on her blog http://munchkinsandmilitary.com/2015/02/homemade-peanut-butter-banana-dog-treats.html.