Can you guys guess where I found this recipe? If you guessed Pinterest then you are correct! As you may have noticed I have a love hate relationship with Pinterest. But I have to say this recipe actually works! If I was doing a blind taste test, I would have thought I was eating a Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup. Next time though I would not have add as much chocolate on the bottom. Or better yet, I should have found the website’s directions word for word. Here is the website where I found the recipe: http://ifood.tv/american/460544-homemade-peanut-butter-cups.
|Semisweet chocolate||16 Ounce, chop|
|Creamy natural peanut butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Powder Sugar||1 3⁄4 Ounce, sifted (1/4 cup +2 tablespoons)|
- . In a large bowl, add half the chocolate and melt it. You can melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler.
3. Pour a tablespoon of the melted chocolate into a cupcake pan lined with cupcake wrappers. Drop the pan against the counter to flatten and smooth out the chocolate. Place the cupcake pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, butter, and sugar. Whip until light.
5. Place a tablespoon of the peanut butter mixture into each cupcake. Smooth the peanut butter mixture with a spoon. Place it back into the freezer for 15 minutes.
6. Melt the remaining chocolate. Spoon equal portion of the melted chocolate into the cupcake pan. Drop the cupcake pan against the counter to flatten. Place it in freezer for 15 minutes.
7. Enjoy your homemade Reese’s peanut butter cups!
“Every Pro was once an amateur. Every Expert was once a beginner. So dream Big and start Now!”