This is my favorite M&M cookie recipe! I found the recipe a year or more ago on Pinterest, that’s nothing new! I even made this recipe for a business planning class I had one semester. I brought the cookies in for the final presentation and handled it out to the class. It is very important you refrigerate the cookies. Hence the reason preheating the oven is not step one. I found the recipe on the following website: http://joyfulmommaskitchen.com/m-sugar-cookies/
|2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour||6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and still warm.|
|1 teaspoon of baking powder||1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil|
|½ teaspoon of baking soda||1 large egg, at room temperature|
|½ salt||1 tablespoon of milk|
|1 ½ cups of sugar, plus 1/3 cup for rolling||2 teaspoons of vanilla extract|
|2 oz. of cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces||1-1 ¼ cup of M&M’s|
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of sugar and cream cheese in a large bowl. Do not whisk yet! Put the remaining 1/3 cup sugar in a plate and set aside. Pour the warm butter over the cream cheese mixture and whisk to combine. There is no need for a hand mixer, just use your whisk.
- Whisk in the oil then the egg, milk and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to start folding the dry ingredients into the wet. When the dry ingredients are partially incorporated, add 3/4 cup of the M&M’s to the dough. Continue mixing until a soft dough comes together. (Don’t wait to add the M&M’s until the dry ingredients are completely incorporated – you’ll end up overmixing.)
- Refrigerate the dough for 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a tablespoon, measure two balls of dough and roll into a ball. Work quickly (if you handle the dough too much you’re more likely to wind up with flat cookies).
- Roll the ball in the sugar set aside in the plate previously. Repeat until you’ve used all of the dough.
- Use the bottom of a glass to flatten the dough balls into discs that are about 2 inches in diameter.
- Bake the cookies, 1 tray at a time, for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove cookies from the oven and press the M&M’s on top. The tops of the cookies will be puffy and slightly cracked.
- Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and let the cookies cool on the sheet for 5 minutes then transfer them to the rack to cool completely.
“Every Pro was once an amateur. Every Expert was once a beginner. So dream Big and start Now!”