This week is going to be filled with pumpkin recipes! So far, we have had a Pumpkin Bundt Cake and now we have pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese filling. After seeing, Yesenia’s Pumpkin Bundt Cake, I felt inspired to finally use my canned pumpkin puree. I have had it out on the counter for the past couple weeks yet I have done nothing with it. So, on Friday I have another pumpkin recipe which our four legged friends will enjoy! Without further delay here is the website I got the recipe from: http://www.cookingclassy.com/2014/10/pumpkin-cupcakes-cream-cheese-frosting/. This post is a little length, there is the cupcake recipe, frosting recipe, and pumpkin decorations’ instructions. But in my opinion, it is well worth it.
|o 1 1/2 cups + 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour||o 2/3 cup granulated sugar|
|o 1 tsp baking powder||o 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar|
|o 1/4 tsp baking soda||o 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil|
|o 1/4 tsp salt||o 2 large eggs|
|o 1 tsp ground cinnamon||o 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. canned pumpkin puree|
|o 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg||o 1 tsp vanilla extract|
|o 1/4 tsp ground ginger|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt,cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer or hand held mixer, whisk together granulated sugar with brown sugar until no lumps remain.
- Add canola oil, set mixer with paddle attachment and blend mixture on medium speed until well combined.
- Mix in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in pumpkin and vanilla.
- With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined, then stop mixer and scrape down sides and bottom of bowl and fold batter to ensure it is well blended.
- Scoop the batter into your cupcake pans and bake for 20-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
Cream Cheese Frosting:
|o 8 oz cream cheese, at room temperature||o 2 3/4 cups powdered sugar|
|o 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature||o 1/2 tsp vanilla extract|
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a hand held mixer, whip together cream cheese and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Mix in vanilla and powdered sugar and whip until light and fluffy (Tips from: http://www.cookingclassy.com/2014/10/pumpkin-cupcakes-cream-cheese-frosting/ at this point I recommend freezing or chilling frosting in refrigerator for a bit, returning to mixer and stirring occasionally, for a more stable consistency).
- Pipe or spread frosting over cupcakes then store in refrigerator in an airtight container. Bring nearly to room temp before serving.
Chocolate Pumpkin Decorations:
- Orange Chocolate Melts
- Chocolate Chips
- Teaspoons and tablespoons
- Baking Pan
- Ziploc bags
- Parchment Paper
- Gather all your ingredients.
- Melting your chocolate melts and spoon into a Ziploc bag. Place your teaspoons in a baking sheet and fill with your melted chocolate melts. Use 1 teaspoons or 1/2 teaspoons, these sizes are just right for your pumpkins! Place the baking sheet in the freezer.
- Melt your chocolate chips and place in a Ziploc bag. Use a piece of parchment paper and place on the baking sheet. Pipe long lines of chocolate and place baking sheet back in the freezer.
- After 15 minutes, check to see if your chocolate has harden. If it has, take the teaspoons and lightly hit them against a counter to release the chocolate.
- Roll out your fondant and find any small flower cutter to use on the fondant.
- Cut each petal off your flower. This is your leave! Ruff it up a bit, draw lines, cut off edges, etc. Leaves are not perfect!
- Now you can assemble your pumpkin. Using some melted chocolate, attach chocolate stem. Cute the stem from the long chocolate lines you piped in step 3. Attach the leaves to the pumpkin. And lastly add lines to your pumpkin, you could use anything, even the tip of a knife would work.
- When you are going to place your pumpkin decorations on your cupcake, pipe a small lump of frosting on top of your frosted cupcake. This allow your pumpkin to stand.
I had a cupcake at night with a glass of milk and it was delicious. The cream cheese frosting is a must, surprisingly it was not sugary! I hope you guys enjoy this recipe!
“Every Pro was once an amateur. Every Expert was once a beginner. So dream Big and start Now!”
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting baked by: