Yesenia is made a cranberry loaf cake! Want to know a little insider secret? The recipe is from American’s Test Kitchen but it was for muffins! Yesenia did not have a muffin pan so she improvised. Instead of making muffins, she made a loaf cake. The directions to recipe is the same except for the baking time. A loaf is usually baked for 50 minutes. So, you can make this recipe as muffins or a loaf. The recipe is on the following website:http://frugalhausfrau.com/2014/09/13/best-muffins-big-beautiful-muffins/.
|o 3 cups all-purpose flour|
|o 1 cup sugar|
|o 1 tablespoon baking powder|
|o 1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|o 1/2 teaspoon salt (1/4 teaspoon if using salted butter)|
|o 1 1/2 cups whole or low-fat plain yogurt|
|o 2 large eggs|
|o 10 Tablespoons (1 stick plus two tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature (if you use salted, decrease the added salt to 1/4 tsp)|
|o Mix-ins, below, optional. Add in at the appropriate time as directed.|
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Generously grease or spray a 12 cup muffin tin, including the level top portion. For best results, do not use liners. Or Grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar until lightened in color and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Turn the mixer to low and slowly beat 1/3 of the yogurt into the creamed mixture. Add 1/2 of the dry ingredients, beating until just barely incorporated. Stop and scrape down the side of the bowl and add 1/3 of the yogurt. Beat on low again, until just barely mixed, stop, scrape and add remainder of flour. When nearly mixed, stop again ad add the remainder of the yogurt, mixing as little as possible to blend together. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix with a spatula.
- Portion the batter into each of 12 muffin cups. (This should be just below the rim, depending on the volume of the mix-ins.) Or fill prepared loaf pan.
- Bake until light golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out with just a few crumbs attached, 20 to 25 minutes, and rotating pan halfway through baking. If you are baking a loaf, bake for 50 minutes.The only way to go wrong is to over bake, so remove them from the oven by the crumb test, not the color.
- Let the muffins or loaf cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then flip out onto a wire rack. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving
Note: These muffins rise higher if a cupcake liner is NOT used.