So, I made honey lollipops, again… But this time I added some lime and I loved them way more than just the regular honey lollipops I made before. My only regret is I did not add more lime. Next time I will probably add a whole lime instead of just half. Another difference with this recipe, is I used plastic spoons! I think they looked cute and are great to stir a warm cup of tea with. Here is what you will need:
|1 cups of honey||Juice of half a lime|
|Cup of water||Baking Pan|
|Plastic spoons||Sauce Pan|
- Place a cup of honey and the juice of half a line in a sauce pan.
- Stir continuously on medium heat. Keep stirring and boiling until the honey reaches 300 degrees. If you don’t have a candy thermometer add a drop of the boiling honey to a cup of cold water. When the honey drop hardens and forms a ball it’s ready. (I boiled my honey for fifteen minutes, however, the time may vary so test your honey with the cup of water method.)
- When your honey is ready, pour into a GLASS measuring cup! This will make it easier to pour into your spoons.
- Working quickly, pour honey into plastic spoons. Do not worry about the strings of candy that will form will you pour from lollipop to lollipop. These will harden and when cooled you can remove them.
- Let your lollipops set for about 30 minutes to an hour to allow them to harden.
*Have spoons ready before you start to boil the honey. You have to work FAST when the honey is ready!
*Do not fill your lollipop molds all the way to the top, stop two thirds of the way, the honey will over flow if filled all the way.
* To clean anything that has honey, boil water in the pot with the tools you used. The honey will dissolve right away.
“If you dream it, you can do it.” Walt Disney
Honey-Lime Lollipops made by: